Zoning Administrator, Julie Lovelace
Office Hours: Monday, 1:00 PM – 5:30 PM
Zoning Violation Complaint Process
Chester Township does not actively seek out “nuisance” type violations of the Zoning Ordinance such as junk cars or trash. However, if a case is brought to our attention we will investigate. If it is found that there is a violation, a letter will be written to the property owner making them aware of the ordinance requirements and asking that they correct the problem. If after 2 weeks the violation has not been taken care of, a second letter will be written. This will explain the final deadline for compliance at which time a citation may be written. If you would like to report a violation, you may do so by contacting the Township Office or by filing a written complaint form. These complaints may be made anonymously.
Duties of the Zoning Administrator
- Review and process all requests for zoning and building permits.
- Coordinate the presentation of all special use, land division and rezoning applications to the Planning Commission.
- Prepare informational packets and agendas for all Planning Commission and Zoning Board of Appeals meetings.
- Coordinate amendments to the Zoning Ordinance as requested.
- Process complaints of ordinance violations according to Township policy.