The village of Harrisburg developed around a depot on the TS&M rail line running from Sparta to Slocum. A post office was built in December of 1888, the same year the depot opened, and was in operation until 1907. The first and only postmaster was William H. Harrison.

Two general stores were built on the north and south side of Truman St. near the rail line, and a school was open until 1958.

Harrisburg Depot, 1917
Harrisburg School, 1900
Harrisburg School Class, 1945
Harrisburg Baseball Team