People started settling at the corner of Gooding and Kenowa in 1887, and the TS&M Railroad set up a depot in 1888. A post office was established later that year, with Robert Gooding serving as postmaster. Homes and businesses were built near the depot, including a creamery, canning company, grocery store, and boarding house. The post office closed in 1923, and after the rail line was abandoned in 1940, most of the businesses and homes were removed.

Gooding TS&M Depot
Gooding Business District