Building Inspector – Casey Patterson 616.291.1176 email@example.com
Electrical Inspector – Jim Thorington 616.899.5544
Mechanical and Plumbing Inspector – Vince Milito 616.899.5544
All new construction and building alterations or additions first need to be approved by the Chester Township Zoning Administrator to verify the building meets specific criteria such as setbacks from the road right of way and lot lines, lot coverage percentage, etc. A Zoning Permit Application needs to be completed, along with a site plan of the property. Zoning Permits are $25.00.
Bona fide agricultural operations are only required to complete an Ag-Exempt Zoning Application and site plan.
Applications for all building, electrical, mechanical and plumbing permits are processed through the Township Office. Select the proper form, print it out, complete it, and mail it to Chester Township, PO Box 115, Conklin, MI 49403. A check for Electrical Permit Application, Mechanical Permit Application, and/or Plumbing Permit Application can be included with the permit form. The fee for the Building Permit Application is based on the project value and is determined by the Building Permit Reviewer.
Additional Information and Forms
- Garage Spec Sheet
- Pole Barn Spec Sheet
- Deck and Ramp Spec Sheet
- Pool Zoning Ordinance
- The snow load requirement for our area is 40 pounds.
- Placement of driveways is handled by the Ottawa County Road Commission
- Driveway Permit Application required for all driveways more than 150 feet in length.
- Address Number Sign Order Form
- For Septic and Well Permits contact Ottawa County Department of Public Health.
- A Soil Erosion & Sedimentation Pollution Control Permit is required when working within 500 feet of a lake or stream or when clearing over 1 acre for a new job site.
- A Wetland Review is required when construction may disturb a designated wetland area.
- A Flood Plain Review is required for construction in or near a designated flood plain, a topographical survey and elevation certificate may be required.
- Contact MISS DIG before doing any digging